2019 is finally here! Happy New Year, guys! I think we can all agree that 2018 was the craziest, longest flaming roller coaster of our lives. 2019 has finally arrived and let’s have our fingers crossed that it’ll be much better than last year. 😉
But that’s not to say I don’t appreciate 2018 in the least. I started and nearly completed my first book (finishing it up as you read this), created this blog and Dreaming of Words Instagram account, and wrote short stories for the first time. Something told me, as the ball dropped at midnight, that 2018 marked the year I accepted my life as a writer.
This year will be filled with checking boxes, caffeine-infused late nights/ early mornings, and exponential growth from hard work. For the last couple weeks, I’ve been planning out what I would like to accomplish in twenty-nineteen and decided to share them with you! From much encouragement from the #writingcommunity on Twitter.
2019 Goals- From Writer to Reader
- Finish my first book and query it this year.
- Work on multiple WIPs (I have three outlined so far, wish me luck)
- Keep my writing schedule consistent (including posting on DoW)
- Attend a writing conference/ retreat/ workshop
- Write at least one thousand words a day.
- Lose sleep to write (my napping and sleeping schedule are out of control)
- Read at least ten books a month.
- Read a classic lit book a month.
- Find a local reading and/ or writing group to join. They’re so much fun and I’ve made lifelong friends at these groups!
- Read five (long) series.
Leave your own goals/ resolutions down in the comments. They’re always wonderful to read!
P.S. You’ll find me under the hashtag #writingcommunity (best Twitter-sphere out there!) and follow my writing journey!